Monday, March 26, 2007

Return on a sad note

We (the Royal we), are relaunching this blog as a more personal more eclectic place for me to vent. All the sports stuff can be found over at www.threedrunk.blogspot.com.

On that note i come with great sadness to say that i had to put my dog to sleep last thursday. It was unexpected, he went in to the vet to treat an eye infection and never came home. I am sad. It is really the first profound loss of my life. I'm not sure how to deal with something not being there after it had been there every day for the last 15 or so years. We you believe the things I believe death is a hard thing. Even harder when it is unexpected. And this was unexpected.

I have regrets. I regret not petting the dog when i went to work the day he went to the vet. I regret not going for more walks. I regret not being there when they had to put him down.

I thought i would feel better but i don't. Maybe that's not such a bad thing.

No comments: