Monday, October 24, 2005

and the seasons

So went to the Rock Hall for the first time in the ten years that it has been open. Don't think i'm going back. At least not for 20 bucks. I understand people from out of town wanting to come in and check it out but I don't think they get a lot of repeat customers. Actually i was surprised about how many people were in there, of course most of the people were members of the Anthony Wayne High School Marching Band. Poor kids.

On the Browns game,
How do you lose to the Lions and the Ravens in back to back weeks? I guess the obvious answer is that the Browns suck. But I don't think they are as bad as the Lions and the Ravens. The Lions second receiver was Herman Moore and his construction crew and they still threw all over the Browns. But this wasn't the defenses fault. If you give up 13 points and get a kickoff return for a touchdown you should win. That brings me to Trent Dilfer.

I understand that he's here as a stop-gap, and he's mentoring Charlie Frye. But wasn't he brought in not to make mistakes? He threw three interceptions, one was batted in the air at the line so i'll cut him some slack there. But the other two were horrendous. There wasn't even a Browns' receiver near the play to break it up. If Dilfer's going to out there and throw picks you might as well put Frye in there.

The week that was in other football
Some thoughts on the college and pro game.
How does Alabama keep winning with no talent?Roll Tide i guess.

I hate USC, and i hate people who call them back to back national champs. The first one they shared with LSU, and last year Auburn was undefeated too. At most they've got one and a half.

LT nearly killed my fantasy team, but at least he got his bad game out of his system before the playoffs.

Is there anything worse than regional coverage in college football. Can someone tell me why I had to watch Purdue-Wisconsin instead of Texas- Texas Tech. I didn't go to Wisc. or Purdue i don't live near either, so why not put the better game on? Is there someone i can call at ABC to change the game on my tv?

The White Sox are the beneficiaries of some of the worst umpiring ever. Lucky bastards

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with andrea peterson, her solid insight has taught me that georgia highway construction is an interesting endeavor which I had never considered. Her study on the correlation between "brand health" (aka demand) and "shareholder wealth" (see: profit) is a radical theory along the lines of using belts or suspenders to hold up one's loose hanging leg coverings.