Tuesday, October 25, 2005

such a hate filled world

Back when hockey was still somewhat relevant, I would have conversations with a friend of mine about the game. It was pointed out to me that I hated almost every player in the league. Which was true, I had serious dislike for at least 85% of the league. Especial dislike for Dominik Hasek, who in my opinion still hasn't won a meaningful game. Great defense makes a good goalie look like a hall of famer.

(As an aside, there is nothing better in sports than playoff hockey. Even though the playoffs last for two years, it is absolutely riveting. I watched a 5OT game between the Penguins and the Flyers and there were very few things in sports that could compare. Lets hope that when the playoffs roll around this year its even better with the new rules.)

So what prompted all of this distaste? Who knows, maybe its living in Cleveland and having to go through the fumble, the drive, the shot, Jose Mesa and a defensive collapse in the 02 playoffs. I guess all of that has built up a sense of bitterness. I always had a sense of pride about the city that there wasn't a public outcry about our bad luck like there was by Red Sox or Cubs fans. But maybe all of this agnst got internalized into bitterness about the success of other cities or other players. By the way there isn't a group of fans that I hate more than Red Sox fans.

There isn't really a point to this post other than I'm going to be very bitter for the forseeable future.

Now for a little bit of love.
Rosa Parks died yesterday. I can't imagine the kind of courage it took for her to not give up her seat. It only takes one person to start a revolution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who are those other people who left you comments? why is one in spanish? who is andrea? is Ryan RYAN? if you talk less sports and more music, politics, philosophy, I may enjoy the read more, but keep up the work either way. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Betcha didn't know that so many people are reading your posts....